Friday 15 August 2008

Ibiza Beauty

Ibiza is a place of amazing beauty.

Beautiful people beautiful places, beautiful sunsets, music, fashion and spirit.

I spent a great day visiting Es Vedera with my beautiful friend Jessica from the UK. We spent some time on the beach and had a moment meditating trying to escape the anxieties of the busy island, which was awesome. We then walked the steep hill climb to the lookout the at one of the off islands. This is a place that really clears your head and your thoughts. (see pics)

Today i was working in the centre. As my car is a currently out of action have started getting the ferry across the bay. Unfortunately today was a public holiday so after a while we realised the ferry's were not in action either. As we waited I noticed some small waves rolling in and i wished to be surfing again. In the centre a worker came in and asked me if there was any surf on the island, i said i had heard there was at times, but in winter. We checked it out online and i thought be great to do that at the end of the season. i got back home at 8 and went for a little run along the coastline as the sun went down. I couldn't believe my eyes when 1/2 a mile from my house i saw 4 guys surfing beautiful waves in the sunset surf!!! Yes surfing in Ibiza, oh my goodness this is heaven on earth. Unfortunately was getting too dark to go home and get the surf boards out.. the guys there told me it was a freak one off and would be gone tomorrow, but i live in hope!!

Next time i will bring some deeper thoughts to the page, but wanted to get a bit of balance for those who agree with my sentiment that 'too much thinking hurts'.

No comments: